WHS and Windows 7 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using windows 7 beta release with the home server connection soffware for months now with no problems.  Today I reinstalled with the new Windows 7 RC release and although I was able to install and run the connection sofware, I found that I can not access the shares located on the home server.  I get an access rights violation and I can't figure out what is going on.

Anyone else running Windows 7 RC?
    Friday, May 8, 2009 5:08 AM

Answers

• Works also perfectly here. Did you create an identical account (matching user name and password) on your fresh install?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, May 8, 2009 7:25 AM

All replies

• I've been using windows 7 beta release with the home server connection soffware for months now with no problems.  Today I reinstalled with the new Windows 7 RC release and although I was able to install and run the connection sofware, I found that I can not access the shares located on the home server.  I get an access rights violation and I can't figure out what is going on.

Anyone else running Windows 7 RC?
    Yep, absolutely no problem here with folder access or backups.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:09 AM
  • Works also perfectly here. Did you create an identical account (matching user name and password) on your fresh install?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, May 8, 2009 7:25 AM