Dynamics CRM 2016 Update 0.1 - Organization Update failed with exception RRS feed

• Question

• When I install Dynamics CRM 2016 Update 0.1((KB3133963) completed successfylly. However , the database update failed for some organization .

Any idea?

Thanks !

Naveen

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Naveen,

What error do you get?

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:59 PM
  •  Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Update 0.1 (KB3133963) completed successfully. However, the database update failed for some organizations. 

View the log file for more information. To update each organization manually, use Deployment Manager.

I have log file with 1 mb size.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:03 PM
  • So open that log and look for error.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:04 PM
  • I have 2 organizations one is Test and other one is our main organisation. 
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:05 PM
  • I don`t see any error. At the end of the error log I see the below message. May be I am seeing the wrong file. I am new to the CRM.  Could you please let me know where can I see the error message.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Update 0.1 (KB3133963) completed successfully. However, the database update failed for some organizations. 

View the log file for more information. To update each organization manually, use Deployment Manager.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:08 PM
  • I have no superpowers to know the reason.

Open deployment manager and try to apply update to organization for which update failed. If error stays you should get log file with explanation what went wrong. Good luck.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:19 PM
  • Here is the error message I got when I try to update the organization manually.

Error| Update Organization with Id=e0bc7485-9ebc-4cc8-bdd7-967ecb9aa2f1 failed with Exception:
    System.Exception: Error.ActionFailed Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

This is the answer - SQL Timeout. This article describes how you can increase it.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:37 PM
  • No luck , same error message. After trying the SQL timeout set up.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:06 PM
  • To apply change you will have to restart iis using IISReset command.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:08 PM
  • I did, also restarted the server too.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Could you please describe architecture of your CRM (like what servers do you have and what roles are installed on each) and tell what of timeouts and on which of servers have you applied?

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:15 PM
  • APP and database is on same server( Windows Server 2016 Standard)

CRM -2016

SQL - 2014 Standard edition

I am using CRM Admin role.

OLEDBTimeout - 86400

ExtendedTimeout - 10000000

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="3600" maxRequestLength="20000"/>

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:24 PM
  • What you need is to add OleDBTimeout on CRM Server. All the rest is not needed. After you applied change - restart IIS using IISReset.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:39 PM
  • CRM and Database both are on the same server.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:43 PM
  • Then do what I wrote in my previous reply. If it will not help I'm afraid you will have to get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a ticket. Good luck.

Read My blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:45 PM