WindowsXP Pro blocked? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    On one of my pc's I had two versions of WindowsXP Pro my fully paid version and a 120Day evaluation CD version which came with my new paid for Microsoft Training Kit Book #2. Which I was using on my virtual machine to practice  malware and virus removal on WindowsXP without infecting my host pc. The Trouble is I was infecting the virtual machine with some real nasty viruses on average 20 virus samples a day. After getting a nasty Lock Em All viruse, a reinstall was my only option. I never came close to using a 10 days of my free evaluation. Then your stupid Update website wanted to download something? Then my fully paid version wouldn't work any more, locking me out of my pc? Funny that. Sounds like Microsoft did something to my fully paid version to stop it running? I have six pc's and have started changing them all over to Ubuntu Lucid 10.04. I would rather give up my Windows OS than to be manipulated and held to ransom by Microsoft. 
    Those six will be the last Windows OS that I will use or buy. 
    I hope you see that your strong attitude to a dying OS is going to cost you a lot of customers. I have installed Ubuntu on every pc I have fixed since you locked me out of my machine. My customers will not bow down to you and neither will I.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Editor Friday, January 13, 2012 1:31 PM Move to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Friday, January 13, 2012 7:39 AM

Answers

• No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:39 PM

All replies

• "MrGoodguy69" wrote in message news:bc25c664-8c5b-408f-adfc-68f813db756b...
    Hi,
    On one of my pc's I had two versions of WindowsXP Pro my fully paid version and a 120Day evaluation CD version which came with my new paid for Microsoft Training Kit Book #2. Which I was using on my virtual machine to practice  malware and virus removal on WindowsXP without infecting my host pc. The Trouble is I was infecting the virtual machine with some real nasty viruses on average 20 virus samples a day. After getting a nasty Lock Em All viruse, a reinstall was my only option. I never came close to using a 10 days of my free evaluation. Then your stupid Update website wanted to download something? Then my fully paid version wouldn't work any more, locking me out of my pc? Funny that. Sounds like Microsoft did something to my fully paid version to stop it running? I have six pc's and have started changing them all over to Ubuntu Lucid 10.04. I would rather give up my Windows OS than to be manipulated and held to ransom by Microsoft.
    Those six will be the last Windows OS that I will use or buy.
    I hope you see that your strong attitude to a dying OS is going to cost you a lot of customers. I have installed Ubuntu on every pc I have fixed since you locked me out of my machine. My customers will not bow down to you and neither will I.

[MODS please move to the XP WGA forum]
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, January 13, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Please Note: There is no way for Microsoft to make your Windows XP Stop working.

More likely there is some sort of error causing the problem. Please provide a full description of the issue with the non-functioning Windows XP (including error messages, strange behavior so on) and we will try to help you resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Friday, January 13, 2012 9:46 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:39 PM