WHS 2011 and Windows Live Mesh 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

does anybody have information about the integration of Live Mesh of the package Windows Live Essential 2011
    (not mesh beta!)

special because of running Windows Live Mesh 2011 as a service

Regards Tom
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:33 PM

Answers

• Tom,

Windows Live Essentials 2011 runs perfectly on WHS2011 RC.
    Make sure Live Mesh is configured for auto-start and use the Windows Shedular to create a custom shedule that starts Live Mesh at system startup.

(Your server beeing online 24x7 you now no longer need to synchronize your folder to SkyDrive to have it available)
    - Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, February 25, 2011 10:38 AM

All replies

• I can say that for me Live mesh 2011 work great on WHS 2011. I use it for syncing my datas over my network (WHS, 1 desktop, 1 netbook) but maybe your question is about the integration by default in WHS ?
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:59 AM
  • Tom,

Windows Live Essentials 2011 runs perfectly on WHS2011 RC.
    Make sure Live Mesh is configured for auto-start and use the Windows Shedular to create a custom shedule that starts Live Mesh at system startup.

(Your server beeing online 24x7 you now no longer need to synchronize your folder to SkyDrive to have it available)
    - Theo.

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:38 AM
  • How well does it work with multiple Live Mesh users? How would you even set that up?
    LIVE & Zune - PittaMan
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Just works as expected.
    If have set this up for two Live Mesh users. No need to share the folder with SkyDrive as WHS is online 24x7.

(From the WHS Desktop, share a folders from the WHS shared folders. Then ad users you want to share the folder with)
    - Theo.

Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:37 AM