none
Solving problem with OneNote running on Apple iPad and Apple iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• This is not a development problem, it's a usage problem with OneNote on an Apple device.  One reason for using OneNote is notes are visible on many different devices.  Fifty of my notes work fine.  Just two fail when accessed from an iPad.  When I access the bad notes (on an iPad) a big X shows up with the message "We couldn't open this page."   There's no problem viewing the notes on my Windows computers.

Presumably this is a OneNote bug but the help line converted it into a OneDrive problem.  The OneDrive team gave up since they didn't understand OneNote.  See copy of email response at bottom.

A particularly annoying aspect of the OneDrive support when I finally got to talk so someone was that they wanted payment for looking into what is obviously a OneNote (or OneDrive) bug.  I gather OneDrive support on an Apple device is through a third party.

How can I make these two notes visible on my Apple devices?  Or which forum should I post this request?

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

OneDrive Logo

Priyanka K (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Oct 4, 13:56 BST

Hi Edward, In response to your ask we would like to inform you that we are from OneDrive team and we do not have expertise regarding the issue you are facing with OneNote. Therefore, we request you to use the below mentioned information for further support. Links :- https://support.office.com/en-us/onenote and https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Microsoft-OneNote-Help-f44e5bcd-5203-4553-9de4-0c56e6500825

Thanks, Priyanka OneDrive Support

Edward Mitchell .

Oct 3, 21:27 BST

I have OneNote running on my Windows 10 computer successfully. When I open the same files on my iPad, most of the folders are duplicated correctly. However there are 2 folders that are listed on the iPad with a big X and and text below saying "We couldn't open this page." My problem folders are names "Subjects" and "Movies" just to remember the problem not to suggest that the names are a problem.

Microsoft Logo

Microsoft respects your privacy. Review our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way. Redmond, WA 98052

[PMQW47-QQ0D]

Edward E. L. Mitchell Phone: (239)415-7039 12214 Lakewood Court Fort Myers, FL 33908

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:19 PM

Answers

All replies