Upgrade connector notification could be clearer RRS feed

• General discussion

• I can;t remember exactly what it said but i remember it being something regarding the name of the computer that has the out of date connector installed (once pp1 rc4 is installed).  Whilst i knew to go get new connector software from the \\server\software folder other people on my network didn't.

I think it could be easier if the notification made it clear there was a updated version at the above location, or maybe clicking on the notification could take you to \\SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software

Anyway, all seems good Smile 

Going to give sync toy 2.0 beta  a run later on some non-critical data and see how i get on.

EDIT:  Just received the notification again,  i can see that it says browse the following link, but all i see is the colon in the systray notification.  I see that going through the console and clicking the link in there launches a browser to fix it ( http://server:55000/ ).   This is OK i guess, it'd be nice to click the link without needing to launch the console however.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:04 PM

All replies

• Please file a suggestion on Connect if you feel strongly about this issue.  It likely will not get addressed for Power Pack 1 as we are passed the point where we will be making non-crtical string changes to the product.  But the team is interested in continuously improving the product to make it more useful and easier to use.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:37 PM
  •  

its true that a click 2 update baloon would be very nice to have.

post the link to the sugestion so that i can validate it.

thanks

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:01 PM
  • Ok, i've added to connect.  Its not a big deal really but the sort of thing that can make for a nicer user experience.  I understand MSFT are keener to make sure the corruption etc is fixed.

Here's the link to connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=350241
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:18 PM