locked
SSRS Error 'Invalid object name' on custom entity RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Everyone,

    I came across a srange error while trying to create a context-sensitive SSRS-report for CRM 2013.

    I used the following simple query for an entity called 'promx_project':

    SELECT CRMAF_Filteredpromx_project.promx_projectname
    FROM Filteredpromx_project AS CRMAF_Filteredpromx_project

    It worked fine while testing in SQL Server Management Studio, but it popped up the following error when I pasted it into the SSRS Dataset configuration window:

    Invalid object name 'Filteredpromx_project'

    It is even stranger that the following query executes fine:

    SELECT CRMAF_FilteredAccount.name
    FROM FilteredAccount AS CRMAF_FilteredAccount

    It is the same thing, the only difference is it is using an out-of-the-box entity.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,

    Adam

    Friday, November 7, 2014 3:34 PM

All replies

  • hi Adam,

    filtered view applies same security role as platform services. Please check if you/ currently logged user have appropriate permissions?.

    regards

    Jithesh

    Sunday, November 9, 2014 9:39 AM
  • Hi Adam,

    Use this query

    SELECT CRMAF_Filteredpromx_project.promx_name
    FROM Filteredpromx_project AS CRMAF_Filteredpromx_project


    Regards, Saad

    Monday, November 10, 2014 5:30 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

    I am running BIDS and SQL Server management Studio under the same windows integrated credentials, which has admin privileges on the specified organization, so I think it is not a security issue.

    Regards,

    Adam

    Monday, November 10, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Hi Saad,

    I checked the field names just to be sure, and the primary attribute is definitely promx_projectname instead of promx_name.

    Regards,

    Adam

    Monday, November 10, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Please make sure your datasource connection string is correct. Test the connection

    Regards, Saad

    Monday, November 10, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Yes ,first u will see the data source connection ,and there u have any paramaters are assigned to ur query pls check the parameter values in the query editor and ,after written the query and provide you the connection pls test the test Connection in the data source connection string. and try to add that column in ordery by list also.
    Monday, November 10, 2014 2:25 PM