locked
CRM2013 New updates to Web Resources not picked up by browser RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello folks,

    We are in the middle of an On Premise CRM2011 to CRM2013 upgrade.

    We have created a sandbox environment that parallels all aspects of our production system.

    We have finished the conversion and we are currently in the process of making final changes to Web Resource JScripts in our deployment to finish our punch list from testing.

    We have several customized forms that reference Web Resource Jscript code that does various functions.

    In our CRM2011 environment, we typically make the JScript changes to the Web Resource, Click Save then Click Publish.

    After the Publish, we can open the form and the changes to the Web Resource is picked up and executed.

    However, in CRM2013, we go through the same exact procedure, the new published Web Resource is NOT picked up.  Using F12, we can see that the old code is picked up even though we can see the new code in the updated Web Resource record.

    As a temporary solution, if we use InPrivate Browsing, the latest code is always updated when we open the associated form.  We have verified the new code using the F12 debugging process.

    My question is:

    1. Does anybody else experience this in CRM2013?
    2. Is there something that can correct this besides having users open IE in InPrivate mode

    Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,


     PCR

    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:51 PM

All replies

  • this is a browser cache issue. To fix this, press F12, and there will be a button to clear cache. Click this or press ctrl R.

    deleting browsers cache using tools - options also will work.

    regards,

    Jithesh

    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Thanks Jithesh,

    I will give this a try.

    But does this mean that all users will have to clear their Browser Cache very time we make an update to a Web Resource?

    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:14 PM
  • I've found this with CRM 2013 as well. It is annoying but, unfortunately, it's not something that you can do anything about.

    I found the best way of managing this is to have your dev environment that you write your new areas on and then have releases every so often. When these happen, all users refresh their cache.

    We had a permanent solution for this in CRM 4.0 whereby we had all functions in external js files and we called them by adding a massive random number querystring. The js ignored this but IE refreshed the page on every load. It's one of the downsides of how CRM 2011 and 2013 work in relation to the js libraries.

    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:35 AM