System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException "Cannot load type" when c# web app which uses reflection to call a com+ app is moved from w2008R2 to Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a legacy c# web service.  There is a new requirement to use reflection to call a com+ app (an adaptor to connect to a remote web service).   Both the web service and the com+ app have been compiled using VS 2008 on a win7 Ent workstation.  It all works OK when installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server but fails when installed on a Windows 7 Ent PC in a different windows domain, which is where it will need to run for the new environment.  When the function to access the COM+ app is called, a System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException is generated with "Cannot load type" referring to the COM+ app name.  The Com+ app works fine on both boxes when called from other applications. 

It has been suggested that it may be a dotnet version issue,, however both the W2008 and Win 7 boxes have the same dotnet versions installed.

I would appreciate any insights into how to fix this.

OL2LS

• Edited by ol2ls Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:30 AM
    • Moved by DotNet Wang Friday, May 27, 2016 3:08 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi OL2LS,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection.  Based on your description, your case more related to Web Service, For ASMX Web Services please use this forum:

http://forums.asp.net/28.aspx/1?WCF+ASMX+and+other+Web+Services

You should repost this issue in above forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 27, 2016 3:06 AM