none
output to file instead of console

Question

• In an application output is to the console:

WriteToConsole((PreviousPosition - 1).ToString("X").PadLeft(8, "0"c) & " ", NoNewLine:=True)

WriteToConsole(HexadecimalCode.PadRight(25," "c), NoNewLine:=True)

Instead of this I want the information stored in a file.

I tried the streamliner but that does not function.

Please explain how to do it.

Monday, December 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• If WriteToConsole is a function created by you, then modify it. Use File.AppendAllText, for example. Otherwise give details about WriteToConsole.

If it is based on Console class, then consider SetOut too: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/cf0ca086-bfe1-44dc-8e77-a2d41296a83a

Monday, December 22, 2014 1:33 PM
  • My next question is about uploading. To answer your question I tried to upload it. However, it fails.

If you provide an email-address I can send you the zip file, containing everything needed to run it.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:16 AM
  • Hi Drjf,

You can upload your project to OneDrive: https://onedrive.live.com/ and post the download link here.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:26 AM
  • Hi, Drfj

What about your issue now?

If you have resolved it, you can share the solution here, which will be beneficial for other members with the same issue.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 29, 2014 2:12 AM