none
Unable to view SOA logs in Cluster Manager (HPC 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

It looks like something has caused the SOA logs on our Cluster Manager to stop working.... whenever we right-click on the completed SOA job and select "View Message Details", an error message shows up stating "Error retrieving SOA logs" in the window that typically displays the messages.

The service does have Event Logging Level of Information specified and otherwise everything works fabulously well.

This is puzzling as it used to work - it's obvious something has changed in the configuration of the machine/permissions, but I can't figure out what it is / where to look. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated - thanks to all in advance!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi phil954,

Could you help collect the HpcSoaDiagMon service logs (at %CCP_DATA%LogFiles\SOA\HpcSoaDiagMon_*.bin on all the broker nodes) and send them to me via yutongs@microsoft.com for analysis? If there are too many logs, try repro this issue first, and then just collect a few latest HpcSoaDiagMon_*.bin files on the broker node of the repro session.

Meanwhile, you could try to re-open a new Cluster Manager and/or restart the HpcSoaDiagMon service on the broker nodes to see if the issue still exists.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by phil954 Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:04 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi phil954,

Could you help collect the HpcSoaDiagMon service logs (at %CCP_DATA%LogFiles\SOA\HpcSoaDiagMon_*.bin on all the broker nodes) and send them to me via yutongs@microsoft.com for analysis? If there are too many logs, try repro this issue first, and then just collect a few latest HpcSoaDiagMon_*.bin files on the broker node of the repro session.

Meanwhile, you could try to re-open a new Cluster Manager and/or restart the HpcSoaDiagMon service on the broker nodes to see if the issue still exists.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by phil954 Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:04 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Hi Yutong,

Thank you for the response - it looks like we got this sorted out already. Further investigation shown that only SOME users who log onto the head node can't see it, but some could.

We dug more and find out this is because my account is in <Domain A> domain while another user (who can see the SOA logs) is in <Domain B> It appears as if an issue of trust between domains / restrictions around it is what caused this.

Thanks again!

• Edited by phil954 Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:04 AM formatting
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:04 AM