AD deleted user objects from a OU automatically...wierd.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

A wierd scenario:

I came into to the office to find AD had deleted all the user & Security group objects from a particular OU. All 340...!

This has replicated to all of our sites

We do not have any AD backups......

So I used the ADRestore.net tool to recover the deleted and tombstoned objects, then has to enable and set passwords for all the accounts. Now becuase of how AD treats deleted objects, it strip away all the properties, but I suppose this is ok at least the SID for each user is the same ansd once restored they coould function on the domain as before....

Problemm solved? Yes & no....

I came in the next day to find this again!!! all objects deleted from this OU.....

So I restored the tombstoned objects and done all the above agian, but this time placed the objects in a new OU and deleted the OU affected.

So need to see if this occurs now on Monday as today is Friday!

So my question is:

*  Why has this occured?

*anyone ever seen automatic deletions before from AD?

One point I forgot to mention is one of my "colleuges" unsuccessfully tried to DC promo a new DC and then through lack of knowledge tried to move accounts... now sure if this has screwed up AD...

Im just hinking we should create a fresh AD as we've had almost two days of downtime already....

Can anyone help?? Pleaseeeeee Microsoft??????

Thanks in advance

Khan
    • Moved by Alex Sutton Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:19 AM (From:Windows HPC Server Deployment, Management, and Administration)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:32 PM

Answers