Help my site hasnt been crawled since october RRS feed

• Question

•  

Help my site hasnt been crawled since october when it was just a test page. The proper site has been up now since November 1st. Is there a way to bet the bot to return to my site or is there something wrong withthe front page stopping it.

My web site is www.dees-fancydress.co.uk

any help you can give we be appreciated.

Bob.  .

Saturday, January 5, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

•  

Nope, you haven't done anything wrong.   There are likely thousands if not tens of thousands of sites going through your situation.  MSN is indeed crawling sites, they're just not being added to the index.

You have 950+ pages indexed on Google and I see Google last indexed your site a few days ago.  MSN being a few months behind seems par for the course.

The more people that come forward the better chance we have something gets done.

Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:18 AM

All replies

• I have found out how to access my logs and find MSN robot is visiting my site but the cached page and last visit date is still 12th October. Have I done something wrong?

GG seams to have cached everything exept my home page. I am at a loss to figure out whats happening.

I do have another URL www.deesfancydress.co.uk pointing to the same home page would this effect anything.

Bob.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:23 PM
  •  

Nope, you haven't done anything wrong.   There are likely thousands if not tens of thousands of sites going through your situation.  MSN is indeed crawling sites, they're just not being added to the index.

You have 950+ pages indexed on Google and I see Google last indexed your site a few days ago.  MSN being a few months behind seems par for the course.

The more people that come forward the better chance we have something gets done.

Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:18 AM
  • 2try4.com - Quickest Web Search is indexed on Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask.com it has a number 1 spot on both for the Quickest Web Search, however recently in the MSN/Live results it changes position regularly. 

News suggests Microsoft has changed the way the engine works, the results now focus much more on popularity by users topic and less on the sites defined topics i.e. Keywords and Meta information.

i.e. A search for 2try4 will link to our popular Video search tool!

The LIVE index is updated regularly, this is a key criteria in search. But others who have reported problems, can monitor links that have dropped out of the index using 2try4. Also try testing the MS Webmaster tools and any domain URL's can be resubmitted to the MSNBot

The introduced changes have been welcomed by some and disliked by others, however it is unlikely Microsoft will ever loose its place in the search market and now offers more diverse choice in free search results. It will leave imbalances and lots of work for SEO in the US, UK and Worldwide. You can test different results using the 2try4, you may also discover other related information.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:30 PM