Product key incorrect, please help RRS feed

• Question

• Ive purchased a new laptop which came with windows vista ive tried to access Microsoft office i.e: Word, power point,Excel etc...

It asks me for a product key.. Ive typed in the product key which came with the laptop, but every time i try it says its incorrect, ive checked it and i know its right.

what can i do to solve this issue ?

Do i need a new product key or something ??

regards Kt

Monday, July 2, 2007 10:25 PM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation related issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

This is likely a trial version of Office that was preinstalled on the computer by the OEM. If this is the case as I suspect you will need to purchase license and use then you can unlock the full office applications for the sku you purchase.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 4:22 PM