Question: Unable to install WHS connector due to Time and Date RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchase an Acer Home Server system H341 today, but I'm having problem installing the WHS connector to any of my PCs... the installation started as instructed, but as soon as the installation trying to install the WHS connector, an error pop-up with the following message:

" The date and time of your computer and home server are different........ please correct the date and time on the computer and try again..."

Since the home server doesn't have a video card, I can't change the home server itself....

I tried that on 3 different computers:

1. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits with (UTC-8:00) Pacific Time [changed to UTC +08:00) Taipai]

2. Windows 7 Pro 32bits with (UTC-8:00) Pacific Time

3. Windows XP Home 32bits with (UTC-8:00) Pacific Time

Anyone has any idea how to fix the problem...??

Thanks,

Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:06 AM

Answers

• Thanks, I did a recovery on the server and it fit everything...... no idea why I need to recover a new server... but it works...

Thanks

• Marked as answer by momokoo Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:54 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:54 PM

All replies

• You should be able to logon to your server using remote desktop. Servername is the name you assigned (or aspirehome if you didn't change the default).
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 8:55 AM
  • Thanks, I did a recovery on the server and it fit everything...... no idea why I need to recover a new server... but it works...

Thanks

• Marked as answer by momokoo Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:54 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:54 PM