windows liveOneCare install problem with error"0014-80072EE2" RRS feed

• Question

• can't complete install process, because the error msg saying  sth like "network connection error" but the computer is connected to the network and just downloaded the WindowLiveOneCare package.

After this error msg from the install of LiveOneCare : "0014-80072EE2".  Computer performed online full scan, using the network connected to the microsoft website, no connection problem at all.

And I am posting this problem by connection to internet also.

So, what is wrong with Microsoft this time?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:02 PM

Answers

• Error 0014 means that the installer had a problem downloading the files list for the complete install. The initial download is the installer only. It could be a temporary server problem or it could be due to a firewall, proxy server in the path, or any other software on your PC that may be intercepting the traffic - parental controls, Internet download accelerator. Is this the 2.0 beta or the production software from http://onecare.live.com?

-steve

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:26 PM
  •  OilsOnWater wrote:

I am receiving Error 0017-80072EE2 and was given the same advice. I shut down my virus protection (AVG), my firewall (Windows and ZoneAlarm), parental controls, and download accelerators. I still get the same error message. Any other suggestions?

Remove AVG and Zone Alarm. Disable the download accelerators, disable the parental controls. 0017 is a download error, so something is still affecting the ability for the installer to reach the servers for the download. Even disabled, antivirus and firewall software affects the system due to processes remaining running.

-steve

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:39 AM

All replies

• Error 0014 means that the installer had a problem downloading the files list for the complete install. The initial download is the installer only. It could be a temporary server problem or it could be due to a firewall, proxy server in the path, or any other software on your PC that may be intercepting the traffic - parental controls, Internet download accelerator. Is this the 2.0 beta or the production software from http://onecare.live.com?

-steve

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:26 PM
  • I cannot down load ActiveX software so I do not know if the sofeware is working.  But right now I am having an issue with MS07-016 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Exployer.  I think I am in the wrong chat forum.  I have to go now.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:14 PM
  •  

I am receiving Error 0017-80072EE2 and was given the same advice. I shut down my virus protection (AVG), my firewall (Windows and ZoneAlarm), parental controls, and download accelerators. I still get the same error message. Any other suggestions?
    Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:59 PM
  •  OilsOnWater wrote:

Remove AVG and Zone Alarm. Disable the download accelerators, disable the parental controls. 0017 is a download error, so something is still affecting the ability for the installer to reach the servers for the download. Even disabled, antivirus and firewall software affects the system due to processes remaining running.

-steve

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:39 AM
  • You will have to completely uninstall any antivirus, firewalls, antispyware to load One Care, not just shut them down

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:16 PM