remote assistance connections problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Well I don't normally find myself on forums but I am stuck on a problem and need some help.

I would like to be able to offer remote assistance to user in our company by connecting to them through IP Address but have come across a few problems and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I will try and explain a bit more here.

We have 17 different office locations in the UK, we connect to each office from our main office using a VPN connection.

Here is the problem.

At the head office remote assistance works fine you offer remote assistance by typing in the user IP address and you can connect with no problem. However when doing the same thing for one of the remote offices remote assistance comes back with an error your offer to help could not be completed.

I can connect using remote desktop and can also connect if the user at another branch sends an intervention using e-mail but remote assistance will not see the computers through the IP address.

We have Draytek 2800 routers at all our branches and I have tried to configure port redirection but I am not sure I am doing this right.

Please help someone

Derek

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:56 AM