PP1 availability RRS feed

• Question

• I know Power Pack 1 is available for almost a week now. I read that versions for other language will be available soon. But, when exactly the french version of PP1 will be available? I can't wait to install that feature. May be someone can direct me to it with a link.

Thank you,

Klode

Monday, July 28, 2008 8:22 PM

Answers

• I had an answer from WHS Team:

"The Windows Home Server test team has been very busy doing all of the final testing for the localized builds of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1.  The product will soon be available in 4 new language options for a total of 8 localized builds".

"In early August, we will add the German, French and Spanish update packages to the Download Center".

So, localized version is on the way,

Klode

Friday, August 1, 2008 2:23 AM

All replies

•  Klode wrote:
    I know Power Pack 1 is available for almost a week now. I read that versions for other language will be available soon. But, when exactly the french version of PP1 will be available? I can't wait to install that feature. May be someone can direct me to it with a link.

Thank you,

Klode

MS has made no announcments as to when the other languages will be available.

Monday, July 28, 2008 10:37 PM
  • I had an answer from WHS Team:

"The Windows Home Server test team has been very busy doing all of the final testing for the localized builds of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1.  The product will soon be available in 4 new language options for a total of 8 localized builds".

"In early August, we will add the German, French and Spanish update packages to the Download Center".

So, localized version is on the way,

Klode

Friday, August 1, 2008 2:23 AM
  • No specific schedule is mentioned, but the most recent entry on the Windows Home Server team blog contains more information about localized versions of PP1.
    Friday, August 1, 2008 3:03 AM
  •  Klode wrote:

I know it's not a specific date, but it's a start. It could be as soon as next week. I've been waiting longer than you for my localized french version of PP1, so please don't blow my happiness away...

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:59 AM
  • I would expect it to be released in concert with PP1 going up on Windows Update.
    Friday, August 1, 2008 4:09 AM
  • That's ok, I can wait a few weeks more, no problem. I'm very carefull with what I'm doing with my WHS anyway. Never had corruption bug. Only corruption I had was created by myself...my mistake though. I've almost lost part of my data, especially recorded TV soaps for my wife, but I was able to recover! Ouf, I'm still alive!!!

Friday, August 1, 2008 4:43 AM