Install crm2011 rollup across multiple servers with front end server roles RRS feed

• Question

• I am working for a client who has deployed the CRM server roles across multiple servers, FE01, DEP01, ASY01, SB01, pretty much as per the technet article for deploy Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Group Components.

I understand how you select the server role for each server and just install that component, but how do rollups get applied as the CRM2011 Server nnnnnnnnnnn.exe just seems to install without offering the option to select the server role.  Is it clever enough to detect the server role (Sandbox) installed and just update that ?

If that so then I assume I can log onto each server and run the same update over each.

And if that is so, can I push them out to the appropriate computers by using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). ???

Appreciate any comments, especially from those that have done this before.

NOTE: we are moving from Rollup 10 to 13

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think we have done a similar task in our department before about your question. If I am not wrong you could select which type of updates are automatic and which are manual. You could also configure on which machines this configuration could take place. I could confirm that it could be done, but because I do not have access to WSUS servers right now I could not explain how.

My Weblog | My Website

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:45 PM