Service account RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello guys,

I am planning to install OCS 2007.I created one service account for the installation.What permissions (server roles) do i need for that service account on sql side.Does dbcreator server role is sufficent or sysadmin???

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:07 PM

Answers

• Correct, during deployment the wizard automatically created a number of user and group accounts in your domain to handle different tasks, including a service account dedicated to running the Windows Services on the OCS servers.  The services will not be configured for Local System, if that is your concern.  No need to create anything beforehand.  The wizard will also create the SQL databases for you if installing the Standard Edition; if using Enterprise Edition then you just need a new instance on an existing SQL server.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:24 PM

All replies

• The OCS Installation program takes care of creating the service account and granting all permissions

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:31 PM
  •  

Do you mean no need to create a service account and add it in sql (No need to create any permissions to that service account)??
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:23 AM
  • Correct, during deployment the wizard automatically created a number of user and group accounts in your domain to handle different tasks, including a service account dedicated to running the Windows Services on the OCS servers.  The services will not be configured for Local System, if that is your concern.  No need to create anything beforehand.  The wizard will also create the SQL databases for you if installing the Standard Edition; if using Enterprise Edition then you just need a new instance on an existing SQL server.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Thanks a lot Jeff

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:43 PM