WHS auto-Upgrade cause errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I loaded WHS on a home built server.  All new hardware and the initial install went well.  I set up one client computer with the connector software on the disc sets and all went well until there was an automatic upgrade.

Once the upgrade occurred I got an "unhealthy network" network at risk error. 

The errors were set as: data error ( cyclic redundancy check...) on 6 files found in the Home Server Connector Software directory.

I went to the resolved conflicts page and it states there could be a hard disk error. All the disks report fine from the WHS server storage check. Check disk looks good too

Every thing seemed fine until the upgrade I can't believe there was a disk error while upgrading

And now I can not get another local computer to down load the connector software via the <servername>:55000 command from my browser.

Should I just reinstall the original version of the WHS and not do an upgrade? I was reading another link that said that the connector software may now not be compatible with the install......different versions due to the upgrade?

Please advise

Thanks

Ralph
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:35 PM

Answers

• It's possible that you didn't check all the drives in your server for errors. Take a look at this FAQ, which will tell you how to do so.

If chkdsk on all your drives reports no errors, then you can try the steps in this FAQ to see if they resolve your issue. If that doesn't help, you can try uninstalling the Power Pack 3 (I assume) update through Add or Remove Programs on your server, then using the Update button in the console to reinstall it.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:28 PM