none
Faulty formatting by the Question Body editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When editing the body of question in forums, if I edited the HTML source of the body, all original paragraph (<p>) tags are forcely replaced with <div>. On submit any line breaking tags (<br/>) are omitted resulting in an ugly formatted questions with virtually no spacing between paragraphs or clauses.

You can look at my three last posts to see the result - all these posts were also edited in IE9 in opposite to previous ones.

-- Best regards,

Lev

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:59 PM

Answers

• When editing the body of question in forums, if I edited the HTML source of the body, all original paragraph (<p>) tags are forcely replaced with <div>.

I think that only happens when there is other formatting being quoted.   Then a workaround would be to just blockquote text, in particular get rid of span tags.

In fact, this is showing that I am leaving one of your original paragraphs (because the only way to eliminate the p tags is to use HTML mode.)  

BTW that is my number one annoyance with this editor: trying to minimize quotes frequently results in either nowhere for my comments to go or in seeing my existing comments being subsumed into the blockquote.  For example, above I can click after the period and in the Status line see:  Path: blockquote >> p  similarly when I click on the first quoted letter.  But I can't do anything then to get rid of the inner p in either case.   I think I should be able in the case of the opening p get rid of it simply by pressing Backspace or in the case of the closing p get rid of it simply by pressing Delete.  Then in both cases leaving me with just  Path: blockquote  and still able to add or modify my comments by moving beyond the blockquote.   If I really wanted to see my comments copied up into the blockquote I would expect to have to press Delete one more time after the p had gone.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Lev Reznikov Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:22 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:39 PM