WHS reporting error with antivirus and anti-spyware software that is up-to-date RRS feed

• Question

• WHS is reporting that both Avast! and Spybot S&D are out of date, but I have the most recent versions and have updated both of them today.

Client PC is running WinXP MCE SP3 and Security Center reports that Avast is up to date and running.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:18 AM

All replies

• WHS is reporting that both Avast! and Spybot S&D are out of date, but I have the most recent versions and have updated both of them today.

Client PC is running WinXP MCE SP3 and Security Center reports that Avast is up to date and running.
    XP doesn't report its security status to WHS at all (only Vista and 7).  Where are you seeing the notification?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:16 AM
  • The notifications shows up in the network status in the console and on the connector tray icon.  This behavior just recently started, I believe after a recent update, and was working normally prior to said update.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:08 PM
  • The notifications shows up in the network status in the console and on the connector tray icon.  This behavior just recently started, I believe after a recent update, and was working normally prior to said update.
    There is clearly a problem somewhere.  XP still does not report the security status to WHS - even after Power Pack 2.  (I just disabled my A/V on XP and WHS had no knowledge of it at all.)  What version of XP do you have?  Can you provide a pic of the Console?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Client is WinXP Media Center Edition 2003 w/SP3.

No pic available, but in the network security panel it lists two critical issues:

"PC1 has antispyware software turned off or out of date"

"Antivirus software is either turned off or out of date on PC1"

There was no issue with it until the client PC recently got an update for the connector software and was forced to restart.  Before then, there was no problem.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:08 AM
  • Client is WinXP Media Center Edition 2003 w/SP3.

No pic available, but in the network security panel it lists two critical issues:

"PC1 has antispyware software turned off or out of date"

"Antivirus software is either turned off or out of date on PC1"

There was no issue with it until the client PC recently got an update for the connector software and was forced to restart.  Before then, there was no problem.

Since the Network Health function of WHS doesn't work with XP, you should try filing a bug report on Connect.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:58 PM