thr's an error RRS feed

• Question

• wut do I do about the error ID:0014-80072EFD

Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• See if this Microsoft Knowledge Base article helps - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930157/en-us

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:30 PM
  • One of the mentioned troubleshooting tips is to turn off any "third-party antivirus programs or firewall programs".  Is Windows Firewall considered a third-party program?  I've disabled the firewall but I'm still getting the error.  Actually, I don't see a way to uninstall Windows Firewall.

It seems to me that a link to download the entire install rather than just the boostrap program would be a better solution to this issue.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:31 PM
  • The Windows firewall is not a third party firewall and would not be causing this issue. Where are you downloading One Care from?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:34 PM
  • I downloaded the setuponecare.exe from the Download the Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) that came in my email invitation ("Here is your Test Key for Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)!").   BTW, I like that it says the exe is from origin.dogfood.windowsonecare.com.  The exe is 1.05MB.

When I run the exe the installation dialog says it's "Checking for updates..." and about one minute later it displays the error message.

Hmm, I noticed another thread, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2041872&SiteID=2, that suggests the issue is on Microsofts end:

"The Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) installation site is currently down for maintenance, please visit again on August 28th."

Any truth to that?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:58 PM
  • There was certainly truth to it last night, as I received that message when trying to download the installer, but I have no update on it.

-steve

Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:57 AM