hleofxquotes retrieving but not updating prices in Money. RRS feed

• Question

• Money 2004 ver12.

hleOfxQuotes-gui-Build_20180314_196-exec

Prices update correctly in hleofxquotes but are not imported into Money. The price is imported but the quantity shows 0. I think the quantity should be some random fraction of a share that is not being generated. Can someone explain the quantity generation method used? Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 14, 2018 2:39 PM

Answers

• This is by design. The OFX file that HleOfxQuotes creates has no position information. When Money sees that there is no quantity, it will record the price and zero out any holdings in that investment for that single account. This effectively updates the price for all other accounts where there are shares, without adding any value to the account used to get the prices, keeping your portfolio accurate (no extra market value that you have to manually remove).

Bob - MSN Mobile

P.S. Make sure that the hleofxquotes file is associated with an account that does not hold any real investments - just create a dummy watch account and have the file point to that account. If you need to change the file's account association, post back and we can give detailed steps.
    • Edited by BobSmiley Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pilgrimn10 Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:55 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:44 PM

All replies

• This is by design. The OFX file that HleOfxQuotes creates has no position information. When Money sees that there is no quantity, it will record the price and zero out any holdings in that investment for that single account. This effectively updates the price for all other accounts where there are shares, without adding any value to the account used to get the prices, keeping your portfolio accurate (no extra market value that you have to manually remove).

Bob - MSN Mobile

P.S. Make sure that the hleofxquotes file is associated with an account that does not hold any real investments - just create a dummy watch account and have the file point to that account. If you need to change the file's account association, post back and we can give detailed steps.
    • Edited by BobSmiley Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pilgrimn10 Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:55 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:44 PM
  • Bob, Thanks for responding. Your information was very helpful. I do remember seeing small share amounts in my older updating process which was a three or four click process in Money, and I had to periodically remove them manually to correct totals. Anyway, I have started over by changing from Money 2004 to the Sunset Money Plus Deluxe version, deleting the Dummy account and allowing hleofxquotes to generate another. I now notice the import process is only a one click acceptance in Money. The stock price update was completed successfully today after these changes. I have read that only one update per day is the limit on Money so I will update this message after I confirm it still works.
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:05 PM
  • Thanks Bob,

I have successfully updated stock prices a couple times since the above changes, so I think my problem is solved. I am not sure, but I think the problem was as you suggested; the Dummy file was incorrectly configured.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:02 AM