mesh installation problem windows 7 Error: 80070653 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just downloaded the installation file for Live Mesh on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    I dont know what happened but it says :
    "Installer encountered errors.
    This installation package could not be opneed. verify that the package exists and that....."

get more help (Error: 80070653)

I found online somewhere to turn on the administrator account and install it from there.
    I did that and it worked, it installed perfectly"

but when I log on to my original account, I still cant access it.

Then I read online somewhere that the problem is with Windows Installer, so I tried downloading the installer and it gave me an error:

" not enough storage is available to process this command"

I dont know what else can I do
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:47 AM

All replies

• Log onto the Administrator account and change your regular account to have Administrative privilege.
    Update the Windows Installer
    Install Live Mesh
    Log out of your account, log into the Admin account and change your account back to a standard user.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:03 PM
  • I logged in the adminsitrator account, and I successfully changed the account type

So now I am ogged in my regular account with administrator privileges.
    When I try to update the windows installer, it tells me:

"KB893803v2 installation did not complete"
    thats it.

nothing else

how do i get around this?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:13 PM
  • That indicates that the Windows Installer 3.1 upgrade has failed. Has this PC been updated via Windows Update? Do you encounter any errors?

Is this an activated copy of Windows 7? Is it the retail released version?
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:54 AM
  • yes I can regular updates for windows 7 without any difficulties.
    the only important update that it is showing me right now are: Windows Malicious Software Remolval Tool and Windows Defender KB915597 update., and some other language packs which I dont need.

SO yeah the updates work and it is an activated copy of Windows,

now here is the other thing, I turned on the administrator account, and when I try to install MESH on the administrator account, it works fine.
    I dont know what is wrong with this particular account. Is there anyway around it? I really dont want to go through the hassel of deleting the entire account because of some stupid bug
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:00 AM
  • I'm not sure that I'm ready to call it a bug. It sure seems like something is broken in that profile. Totally unrelated, but interesting, nonetheless, I just set up a new Windows 7 PC for my wife. Everything works perfectly with one exception. Windows Live Messenger refuses to recognize the "idle" condition to switch the status to Away mode. I poked at it for quite a while and discovered that it works perfectly when I create a new login profile, but on her profile, it doesn't work.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd walk away from the Live Mesh issue on this profile for now. I'm expecting that we will see a new beta within the next few months, if rumors are to be believed. If the problem manifests itself with the new beta, then I'd consider creating a new profile and moving the data to that profile from the old one.
    -steve

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:12 PM
  • allright
    thanks a lot
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:26 PM