Windows plug-in validation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download a Vista update that will fix some problems in Windows Explorer.  I have a licensed copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased when I upgraded my Vaio.  My automatic updates work fine.  When I try to download this one update manually, however, I get into two problems.  I can't get the plugin to download.  This exact problem was described here in an earlier thread that was marked "resolved," but in fact there was no resolution given.  Second, I get an error message saying the browser cannot find "download.microsoft.com."  This is driving me nuts!  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Larry Hinman

Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hello Larry,

My apologies for originally missing your post. If you are still experiencing Activation or Validation problems with your Vista, please create a new thread and post a Diagnostic Report and a description of the issue.

To generate a Diagnostic Report, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" , click the "Copy" button, then Paste the report into a response message in the new thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:58 PM