Custom Entity Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom entity in CRM and linked it to the Account entity using an N:1 Relationship.  I also have another account lookup on that custom entity screen.  The issue that I am having is when I click new to create one of the new custom records from the Account Details menu, the Account lookup that I added is defaulting to the Parent Account from which I created the record.  I do not want this to happen.  Is there a way to not deafult this data in the Account lookup and instead have it blank?

Thanks

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:30 PM

Answers

• For clarity, do you have 2 lookups/relationships from the custom entity to the account?

If so, do two 'side-nav' areas appear on your account record? - if you create the new entity from one side-nav, do you get the same - or different - behaviour as if you create it from the other?

I might suggest adding some script to the on-load/on-create of the new entity and have it clear out the account field.

Normally you do want at least one field linked to the entity (accont) you've created the new record (custom) from - that way the custom enitity is shown as an associated record when you view the account. 

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:07 PM

All replies

• For clarity, do you have 2 lookups/relationships from the custom entity to the account?

If so, do two 'side-nav' areas appear on your account record? - if you create the new entity from one side-nav, do you get the same - or different - behaviour as if you create it from the other?

I might suggest adding some script to the on-load/on-create of the new entity and have it clear out the account field.

Normally you do want at least one field linked to the entity (accont) you've created the new record (custom) from - that way the custom enitity is shown as an associated record when you view the account. 

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Thanks and yes I did have two links.  I added some script to clear out the other field.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:58 PM