none
Updates not saving RRS feed

• Question

• I have Money Plus Deluxe Sunset on desktop with Win 10.  Money opens and closes without any crashing. I can click on all the tabs and move in and out all of my accounts, etc, and make entries within the program.  I can also manually download account updates from my bank into Money and they appear in the correct accounts.  All looks good, i exit Money and restart it and all my manual entries and imports are gone.  I can only see my entries up to a few months ago!

The associated directory for the Money data file is   C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus

The application files are located in  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles

Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 9, 2017 6:09 AM

Answers

• The associated directory for the Money data file is   C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus

This is your problem.  Windows 10 will not let your program write to either Program Files directory.  Copy the MNY file to a directory you have write authority to, such as the desktop or whatever the mydata folder is called on Windows 10.  Then double click if from that directory.  Create a transaction or two, close Money, reopen Money, and confirm the new entries are still there.
    • Marked as answer by calcio141 Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:24 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 7:27 AM

All replies

• The associated directory for the Money data file is   C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus

This is your problem.  Windows 10 will not let your program write to either Program Files directory.  Copy the MNY file to a directory you have write authority to, such as the desktop or whatever the mydata folder is called on Windows 10.  Then double click if from that directory.  Create a transaction or two, close Money, reopen Money, and confirm the new entries are still there.
    • Marked as answer by calcio141 Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:24 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 7:27 AM
  • Excellent!  Seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:24 AM