none
Python Project Publish Scripts RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Python project that is part of a larger solution that builds a WPF application. I use this project to debug/test the python code. This same code is called from the WPF application and I deploy the scripts as part of the application.

My problem is that I feel I'm missing a trick on how to deploy these scripts - e.g. when debugging my application. There is a Publish option supported by the Python project. However, this only appears to publishes to one location, it doesn't appear to support relative paths or parameters. What I'd like to do is to republish the script files to a debug or release folder, based on the build target.

I thought about doing an xcopy or similar. However, because it's a Python project, there is no build option. So, are post build targets supported? If so, when are they invoked? Does it only happen on a rebuild? If so, that's a pain.
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Max,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about Python development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://github.com/Microsoft/PTVS/issues and start a new issue for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Thanks, I've raised the issue there.
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:10 AM