locked
Activation - Fix not working (sticky) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    Vista 64 Home Premium

     

    Information:

    My physical location is "Canada".

    Vista Regional and Languages Options: Location = Canada

    IE: English (Canada) [en-CA]

     

    When I click to subscribe, get to: http://get.live.com/onecare/en-us/perpetualclientb?wa=wsignin1.0

     

    Additional Information:

    I'm currently subscribed to Live OneCare 1.5/1.6 and effective.

    I installed 2.0 because I reinstalled the 64bits (revious version was not compatible with 64).

     

    I recently received a key to activate so I can try the online photo backup.

     

    Help!

     

    Thanks.

    Monday, October 29, 2007 12:21 PM

Answers

  • It sounds like you've got the bases covered, but are still being redirected, unfortunately. I reported that there are some others with the same issue, but have not heard a status yet. At this point, your best bet is to open a support case for the beta and this problem - 

    http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 -use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

    Check back to see if there's any news and let us know if you are finally able to activate.

    -steve

     

    Monday, October 29, 2007 5:46 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • It sounds like you've got the bases covered, but are still being redirected, unfortunately. I reported that there are some others with the same issue, but have not heard a status yet. At this point, your best bet is to open a support case for the beta and this problem - 

    http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 -use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

    Check back to see if there's any news and let us know if you are finally able to activate.

    -steve

     

    Monday, October 29, 2007 5:46 PM
    Moderator
  • I have the same problem. Must be an Vista X64 problem, or, an "international" problem because I'm in the UK.

     

    Come on Microsoft, what's going on!!

     

    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:17 PM
  •  Martin25 wrote:

    I have the same problem. Must be an Vista X64 problem, or, an "international" problem because I'm in the UK.

     

    Come on Microsoft, what's going on!!

     

    Martin, reach out for support at the link above.

    -steve

    Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:29 AM
    Moderator
  • I installed the last beta update of Windows Live Care and subscribed and paid by credit card. I received an e-mail confirmation.  It is still showing that I have 29 days left on on the trial version even though I downloaded the updated version.  It also says subscibe which I did. So when will it show the registered version on my Windows Vista Home Premium Computer?

    Thanks for your help.

    Carol 

     

    Saturday, November 3, 2007 10:06 PM
  •  Carol Emery wrote:

    I installed the last beta update of Windows Live Care and subscribed and paid by credit card. I received an e-mail confirmation.  It is still showing that I have 29 days left on on the trial version even though I downloaded the updated version.  It also says subscibe which I did. So when will it show the registered version on my Windows Vista Home Premium Computer?

    Thanks for your help.

    Carol 

     

    Carol, you cannot subscribe to the beta software. So, if you have renewed your subscription to OneCare, but are using the 2.0 beta, you will not see the subscription as active. If you are running the 1.6 version and have renewed your subscription, but it shows that you are still using the trial and there is not an option to activate, then either reinstall OneCare after checking your PC date and time, or contact support - 

     

    Support for v1.6 is via the information here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1183038&SiteID=2

    -steve

    Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:12 PM
    Moderator
  •  

    I've been through email support and they're "sorry but they can't help".

     

    I'm not really that bothered it's only  BETA anyway - i only hope someone in the "team" knows about it and fixes it.

    Monday, November 5, 2007 3:36 PM
  •  Martin25 wrote:

     

    I've been through email support and they're "sorry but they can't help".

     

    I'm not really that bothered it's only  BETA anyway - i only hope someone in the "team" knows about it and fixes it.

    Martin, do you have the support case ID to pass on? If you contacted beta support and they responded that they can't help, that's unacceptable. If they can't resolve the problem, they need to escalate.

    At this point, it is pretty much a non-issue as the Online Photo Backup is being shut down, but the support experience is a problem.

    -steve

    Monday, November 5, 2007 6:01 PM
    Moderator
  • For my problem (thread Smile), I'm still unable to activate it.

     

    Is the release close to be available?

    Monday, November 5, 2007 6:09 PM
  • I expect that it will be available this month (November).

    -steve

     

    Monday, November 5, 2007 6:12 PM
    Moderator
  • I guess Windows Server 2003 and Windows 98 or older won't be supported?

     

    Monday, November 5, 2007 6:16 PM