Why is the Mobile CRM App for the iPhone-iPad so hard to find? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cannot find it anywhere in my admin panel in the CRM.

I cannot figure out for the life of me which one is actually for the MS Dynamics CRM 2011!!!!

When I first logged in to my CRM I got a pop up asking if I wanted it and I was not ready at the time and now I am and I have never seen the popup again!!!

why is there """NOT""" a link to the real mobile crm app that is indorsed by Microsoft right on the very first CRM admin page you see when you sign in??? !!!!!!

I went to the app store with my iPad and there is 430 search results!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh :///////// Which one do I use!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Please someone from Microsoft CRM put a link to the right one on the admin page please!!!!!!!

Any help on this is greatly appreciated for sure

Best Regards,

Tony

Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:49 AM

Answers

• There is no official "native" iOS application at this time. CRM 2011 supports a mobile version of the website which renders in the browsers of most current mobile devices. This has limited capabilities and the displayed data is configured through the mobile forms in the customization area. As far as third party "native" applications - CWR Mobility and Resco are a couple choices to look at. The last direction on a Microsoft produced native device application was looking like sometime later this year.

You might have seen the link to install the Outlook add-in for CRM - it appears toward the top of the screen when you first log in. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:10 AM

All replies

• There is no official "native" iOS application at this time. CRM 2011 supports a mobile version of the website which renders in the browsers of most current mobile devices. This has limited capabilities and the displayed data is configured through the mobile forms in the customization area. As far as third party "native" applications - CWR Mobility and Resco are a couple choices to look at. The last direction on a Microsoft produced native device application was looking like sometime later this year.

You might have seen the link to install the Outlook add-in for CRM - it appears toward the top of the screen when you first log in. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Thanks very much for the quick input Jason,

I will look at those for sure and they are the first ones that came up and have decent ratings too

Best Regards,

Tony

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:35 AM