Disabling the Send Direct Email facility RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I have had my marketing team ask me to disable the 'Send Direct Email' button that appears in the toolbar as, they say, it is confusing when sending emails to individuals. What is the best way of doing this? Do I have to edit the ISV config file?

Thanks

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I can give you another solution.There is a field called bulk Email which actually restricts from sending Direct Email.You can make this option 'Do not allow' and can disable the send direct email option.

Thanks

Archana Jaya

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:02 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about the marketing view? or your in a marketing record and want to disable that button?

Monday, January 12, 2009 8:35 PM
  •  

The standard Accounts view - ie you click on Accounts under Workplace | Customers and the toolbar above the list of Accounts includes a 'Send Direct Email' button. What we would find more useful would be for a 'Send Email' button to be there instead.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:54 AM
  • Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:19 AM
  • This is certainly a useful article - thanks. However it doesn't directly deal with my query as the button appears on a toolbar outside of a specific entity - eg it's in the Accounts Grid Toolbar. Not sure if there is any onload code exposed that can be changed in this case to deal with this.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

I can give you another solution.There is a field called bulk Email which actually restricts from sending Direct Email.You can make this option 'Do not allow' and can disable the send direct email option.

Thanks

Archana Jaya

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:02 PM