mr RRS feed

• Question

• unable to use/load mscomct2.ocx controls in vb6 ide windows 7 32 bit

get the below error trying to refer the mscomct2.ocx file, in VB6 IDE on a Windows 7 32 bit PC. The IDE is run on elevated mode.

error:::::::::::::::::::::::::::object library not registered

I tried many solutions from SO and other sources, but nothing works for me.

1. unregistered and re registered from a elevated command prompt
    2. deleted and restored this file from backup and ms sites.
    3. tried finding if duplicate mscomct2.ocx are registered in other paths. but only 1 file under windows\system32 is found in the Pc

But problem is still

• Moved by epmXperts Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:41 PM appropriate forum
    • Moved by Carl Cai Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:52 AM (from vb)vb6 is not supported
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:28 AM

Answers

• Where to post your VB 6 and older questions

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Proposed as answer by IronRazerz Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, March 28, 2014 6:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Naushad

This may not be the right forum to ask this question, since i don't have background on what you are trying to achieve, trying to move this thread it to closest related forum

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Where to post your VB 6 and older questions

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Proposed as answer by IronRazerz Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, March 28, 2014 6:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Thanks for the help of @Mr. Monkeyboy.

Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I am afraid that these forums don't support VB6, you could refer to the link shared by Mr. Monkeyboy:

Where to post your VB 6 questions

I would sugget you consider posting this issue in these forums below:

These forums do not support Visual Basic 6, however there are many third-party support sites that do. If you have a VB6-related question please visit these popular forums:

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:55 AM