Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 installation Challenge RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

This might be very silly question to post in this forum but I got stuck so decided to ask.

I have two VM’s in hosted one system (with windows SP) details are as below:

VM1: used as active directory controller

Memory: 300 MB Ram

VM2: used for SQL server and CRM server

Memory: 1300 MB Ram

I have successfully installed the AD with test domain in VM1 and VM2 has joined the test domain both the VM’s are working fine for network connection. I have logged in VM2 with domain administrator and start installing CRM 4.0; at the time of selecting the organization unit, system is not able to detect the organization unit. I have checked the permissions of logged user (its domain administrator so full permissions are there by default). I am stuck at this point of time and not able to install the CRM 4.0 as its not loading the Organization unit.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Deep Singh Chauhan

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:32 AM

Answers

• Taken from the online implementation guide:

A common reason that Setup cannot locate the organizational unit is because of name-resolution problems. To verify that the organizational unit that you specify can be resolved, run the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in on the computer where you are running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup. To do this, click Start, click Run, type dsa.msc, and then click OK. In the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, expand the domain, and then verify that you can view the organizational unit where you want to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM. If you cannot connect to the domain or view the organizational unit using Active Directory Users and Computers, verify that DNS is configured and functioning correctly. After the problem is resolved, run Setup again.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd979441.aspx

Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:49 AM