none
Preview Reply button missing in My Threads RRS feed

• Question

• In the new forum look (SP2?) when I view My Threads and preview a post, the Reply button is not available. It is available in the individual forums as before.

This is a very bad regression for me, because I do a lot of my replying from My Threads.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 30, 2008 9:06 PM

Answers

• Not entirely intentional, "Lockable" forums were added which forced another check in the client js. For any context other that an actual forum, this was false. It'll be fixed in the next release.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:46 AM

All replies

• Does nobody else care about this? It seems to me that it must be  some kind of regression bug -- surely it was not intentional?

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:18 AM
  • Yes, I noticed this too, it is somewhat annoying having to load the entire thread in order to post.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:21 AM
  • Not entirely intentional, "Lockable" forums were added which forced another check in the client js. For any context other that an actual forum, this was false. It'll be fixed in the next release.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:46 AM
  • Thanks, Rob!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:49 AM
  • Rob:

There is another report of missing Reply button when viewing the results of a search. This is the same issue, presumably?

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:22 AM
  • That's correct, it's the same issue and will be resolved in the next release.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:21 PM