locked
CRM 4.0 SDK Performance horrible RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

     

    So I've been struggling for awhile with performance issues in CRM 4.0.  It's to the point where it's almost unbearable.  In code, a single Service Execute can take up to 10 seconds, just to retrieve data for 1 entity!  I know there can be many factors contributing to this, but here's what i know:

     

    The connection between the sql database and the crm box is very fast

     

    Queries to the database are very fast (indexes are set correctly)

     

    Saving AND retrieving is slow using the SDK (some are slower than others for some reason)

     

    CRM 4.0 is running on a virtual machine.  This is our biggest guess as to what could be the culprit, but not totally sure yet.  The VM seems to run fine otherwise.

     

    Does anybody have a list of some common reasons for very poor performance using the SDK?  I mean, even a network call returning a large amount of data should not take 10 seconds... there's something else going on here.  Any guesses would be GREATLY appreciated.

     

    Thanks!

     

     

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:39 PM

Answers

  • There is normally a noticeable overhead when an assembly first accesses a web service due to loading the web service assemblies - I find this to be of the order of 3-4 seconds on a VM, and if you step through your code it will the line where the CrmService proxy is instantiated. Any calls using the CrmService should be much quicker.

     

    If the issue is not the instantiation of the CrmService proxy I'd look at DNS name resolution 

     

    Friday, July 11, 2008 9:44 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • There is normally a noticeable overhead when an assembly first accesses a web service due to loading the web service assemblies - I find this to be of the order of 3-4 seconds on a VM, and if you step through your code it will the line where the CrmService proxy is instantiated. Any calls using the CrmService should be much quicker.

     

    If the issue is not the instantiation of the CrmService proxy I'd look at DNS name resolution 

     

    Friday, July 11, 2008 9:44 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions!  I'll be looking into both.

    Thanks again
    Friday, July 11, 2008 2:01 PM