Can Only Set Email Regarding to Account Only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We used to be able to select Set Regarding for email to various entities like Case. However we just found out that for some reason the 'Look for' is greyed out and defaulted to Account only.

We still can create an email from Case and correctly set the regarding to that Case.

Is there a way to open the Set Regarding to entities other than Account?

Thanks.

-tri

Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:02 PM

All replies

• What version of Dynamics are you on and Online or OnPrem?

Yes you should be able to set the Regarding to any entity.  First thing that comes to mind is do you have Read permissions on those other entities, but that seems unlikely that you wouldn't because that would be most core entities in the system (Contact, Case, Opportunity, etc.).

Do you have any code or JavaScript on the Email form that would be filtering down that list?

What about other activity types such as Appointment, Task, Phone Call, etc.?  Do you have the same issue?  You should see the same behavior in all activity types.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:57 PM
  • Hi Tri,

I seen this issue for MS CRM 2016 with No Update 1 installed, at that time in Outlook client. with update 1 for 2016 on premise, I see it resolves this issue.  

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:28 PM
  • Thanks and sorry forgot to mention that we are on CRM 2016 on-premise with Update 1. All users have access to the record to Account/Contact/Case etc. that they are supposed to be able to set regarding to the email.

I've checked that other activity type like Task, PhoneCall and Appointment, we can set regarding to Account/Contact/Case etc. Email is the only one that we cannot set regarding to anything else other than Account for some reason.

I did look everywhere in our javascript on the email forms that might have prevent this, but there is no such thing.

Some users are able to set regarding to Case from Outlook email, and some users don't. Most users who are unable to, are new users.

Any input is greatly appreciated...

-tri

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:39 PM