Lost the COA sticker RRS feed

• Question

• Last spring I decided to build a computer and sell it; I registered as a reseller on the Microsoft site, bought an OEM copy of Windows XP Home Edition, and temporarily installed Windows to test the computer. I then un-installed and tried to sell the computer without an OS. I did not put the COA sticker on the box because I planned to sell it without Windows.

I never did sell it, so we decided to give this computer to our daughter for Christmas. So, now I'm installing Windows back on the computer, but I don't have the 25-character registration key. I have no idea why the COA sticker isn't still on the booklet it came with -- I must have attached it to something, but I can't find it.

I can prove I legally own this copy of Windows -- I have the purchase receipt and the envelope and documentation. The envelope has the EULA and numbers like "COA Barcodes" and "Work Order Number." But I can't use this product that I own legally. Please help -- how do I recover a 25-character registration key?
    Monday, December 25, 2006 9:55 AM

Answers