does tune-up scan and clean the registry? RRS feed

• Question

• When download the trial version of Windows Onecare I assumed it would scan and clean the registry too when I run tune up.  I found it does't seem to do so.

Question:: does windows trial version of onecare do a registry scan and clean it too???

I ask this question because right after I run tune up, I went to windows' onecare websit and run the clean up scan and it shows it found many errors in the registry. 
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:21 PM

Answers

• The installed version of Windows Live OneCare does not include a registry cleaner.
    The free Safety Scanner, which uses the same malware detection signatures as the full version, but otherwise is not feature related to the installed version, includes a registry cleaner/repair module.
    You'll find amny discussions here in the forum regarding Registry Cleaning/Repair. In my opinion, it doesn't belong in the online Safety Scanner. Registry cleaning/repair is of dubious value at best and can cause many more problems that it purports to fix. There are valid uses for a registry scanner, but knowing when to accept the offered changes and what they mean is critical. The only reason that I ever use a registry cleaner is to save myself the trouble of manually searching for keys that I already know I need to deal with.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:36 PM

All replies

• The installed version of Windows Live OneCare does not include a registry cleaner.
    The free Safety Scanner, which uses the same malware detection signatures as the full version, but otherwise is not feature related to the installed version, includes a registry cleaner/repair module.
    You'll find amny discussions here in the forum regarding Registry Cleaning/Repair. In my opinion, it doesn't belong in the online Safety Scanner. Registry cleaning/repair is of dubious value at best and can cause many more problems that it purports to fix. There are valid uses for a registry scanner, but knowing when to accept the offered changes and what they mean is critical. The only reason that I ever use a registry cleaner is to save myself the trouble of manually searching for keys that I already know I need to deal with.
    -steve
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:36 PM
  • thanks steve.
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Registry Victor™ claims to be the most advanced registry cleaner in pc diagnosis and repair. It can do a complete scan of the pc errors such as system slowdown, freezing, crashing and deadlock. Safely optimize the speed of system and set your PC in a fantastic performance!

You can Free download and see detail here: registry-victor.kooksoft.com/

I hope this may help you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:43 AM
  • Registry Victor™ claims to be the most advanced registry cleaner in pc diagnosis and repair. It can do a complete scan of the pc errors such as system slowdown, freezing, crashing and deadlock. Safely optimize the speed of system and set your PC in a fantastic performance!

You can Free download and see detail here: registry-victor.kooksoft.com/

I hope this may help you.

I deleted your other post in the forum that is a duplicate of this one and broke the download link in this post.
    Anyone choosing to follow this link does so at their own discretion, as the tone of this post seems a bit "spammy" to me. I do not recommend the use of any registry cleaner unless you are working on a specific problem and know what you are looking at in the "cleaner" results before taking action. Optimization of a system due to a registry cleaner is up for debate - personally, I've never seen system performance improved through the use of a registry cleaner.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:36 PM