Reload / Resync SQL Data RRS feed

• Question

• My scenario is hub & spoke. The hub is SQL Axure and the spokes are Client DB's. The client DB's update the Azure DB and set a ClientID column during the update. It is a one way uplaod and is working fine.

I can evisage a situation where it is decided the data in the Azure DB is rubbish for a particular client and the best course of action is to delete all data for that client and re-sync.

My testing has shown that if I delete a set of data on the Azure DB and then resync the deleted data is not reinstated. Is there a way that this can be achieved?

Thank you

Friday, March 25, 2011 11:26 AM

Answers

• the rows in your client hasnt change so there are no changes to send. now you can try to do a dummy update on the client rows just to update their metadata in the tracking table(think update table1 set col1=col1).

now when you do the dummy update, Sync Fx will complain about a conflict since the row is updated on one side and the same row is deleted on the other side (most likely a LocalUpdateRemoteDelete or LocalDeleteRemoteUpdate) .

you can subscribe to the ApplyChangeFailed event on your Azure provider to check for conflicts, then set e.Action = ApplyAction.RetryWithForceWrite to force the update.

• Marked as answer by MikeHan Saturday, March 26, 2011 3:39 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 2:55 PM