Device driver Issue in Windows Developer Preview RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows Developer Preview and found some driver related issues on my system. I'm using Sony Vaio E-Series Notebook with Windows 7 and Developer Preview dual-boot..

Issue is that it can not install the following drivers:

1. Base System Device

2. Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator

Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:29 AM

Answers

• Post this question in the Windows Developer Preview General OS Questions at the following web address

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/threads

providing as much detailed informations as possible about this problem.

Anyway, remember that you're talking about a pre-Beta release, with limited hardware and software support and whose code is not fully optimized and well functioning yet.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by RaviVadera Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:08 PM

All replies

• I found out the base system device driver is for the Richo memory stick controller. You should be able to find it on the sony website your model under software and drivers. I am still working on the second one.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 12:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Mark as Answered" if a post solves your problem Please click "Vote As Helpful" if you find the answer helpful
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Post this question in the Windows Developer Preview General OS Questions at the following web address

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/threads

providing as much detailed informations as possible about this problem.

Anyway, remember that you're talking about a pre-Beta release, with limited hardware and software support and whose code is not fully optimized and well functioning yet.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by RaviVadera Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:08 PM
  • Thanks Luigi, John and Bruce...
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:40 AM