Problem in editing papers RRS feed

• Question

• After editing a paper entry in my page in microsoft academics ( http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/1426238.aspx ) the following two things happen:

1) My name-surname is added as last author, even if my name-surname is already in the authors' list.

2) After a while (one day usually) the whole editer entry disappear and become "null".

I was editing the papers because they incorrectly reports only my name as author (my coauthors are not listed in the author list).

Any idea?

Aldinuc

Friday, October 29, 2010 5:56 PM

Answers

• we will try to figure this out. thanks.
    • Edited by xinz [msft] Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:03 PM remove number
    • Marked as answer by Caroline QI Friday, February 25, 2011 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:02 PM

All replies

• could you tell us the link to one of the papers you're editing?  thanks.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:56 AM
  • Any of the papers that are listed under Edit -> Edit Publication List of my account, i.e.

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/UserInput/EditPublication.aspx?id=1426238

You can see in the list there are many "null" entries (they have no link). These null entries appeared after the editing of a paper. My edit was aimed to add the coauthors of the paper, which are not listed (don't understand why), or to fix some little error in the paper title.

I also tried to upload many different PDF papers, but none of them worked out. The site always answer "error, try later". These papers are among ones included in the recognized conferences and journals.

Entry merge is definitely needed. Despite the problems, I really appreciated the decision to support the editing feature (thanks).

Hope it might help.

Regards,

Marco

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:15 AM
  • we will try to figure this out. thanks.
    • Edited by xinz [msft] Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:03 PM remove number
    • Marked as answer by Caroline QI Friday, February 25, 2011 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:02 PM