Presence information not updating in CWA 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Environment:
    OCS 2007 RTM - single pool, two edge servers (Access Edge & Communicator Web Access - on separate machines)
    Server 2003 SP2 R2 for all machines
    2003 Active Directory domain

Issue:
    Recently deployed CWA on a second edge server in our DMZ network.  I can successfully log in via CWA, but presence information for both my contacts and myself do not get updated.  For example, if I manually change my presence state in CWA, I can see my Communicator client presence state change, but the CWA window never shows the update.  Likewise, if I change the state of my Communicator client the update never gets published to the CWA client.  If I log off CWA and log back in, the presence states get updated, but I thought that presence information should be updated automatically just like in the Communicator client.

I have tried adding the CWA user agent header to the Application filter settings for the pool, but that does not seem to have helped.  If the automatic presence updates not functional in CWA like I assumed it was supposed to be or is there a configuration error on my part?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Trevor

Trevor
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

• This issue was caused by a firewall that separated our internal OCS environment and our CWA server in our DMZ segment.  After allowing the internal OCS server to initiate TCP sessions above port 1025 to the CWA server presence indicators displayed correctly.
    Trevor
    • Marked as answer by rovert506 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 7:05 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 7:05 PM