Failed to start LiveMesh beta RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Since this morning I can't start LiveMesh Beta. The systray message says: "Failed to start LiveMesh beta".
    Yes , things changed on my system. Yesterday and today, I had an install frenzy! I installed:
    - Internet Explorer 8 (before, I was using V7).
    - AVG Anti Virus Free 8.5 (before, I was using V8.0).
    - Glary utilities latest version (before, I was not using it). I did a "full cleaning" of my system, including the registry, and it rendered Autodesk Softimage unable to work. So I went back to Glary and restored the changes. Autodesk Softimage now works well, but LiveMesh still cannot start.
    - I also installed some Windows Vista sidebar gadgets : a cpu minotor, and a gym thing.
    So...
    Please help ;)
    Thanks
    David
    Friday, March 20, 2009 1:06 PM

Answers

• I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh. With all that you have changed on the system, it is hard to say what may have borked Live Mesh, but my gut feel is that it was the Glary utilities or more specifically your registry cleaning (I *always* recommend against using a registry cleaner as they have very little value if the intent is to improve performance).

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 20, 2009 1:30 PM