Event ID: 1009, Source: SBCore - Licensing Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I received the following in the event log on the WHS PP3.

"The license store for the client access licenses is not valid and could not be restored from an automatic backup. Only the minimum number of client access licenses will be available until a valid license store is restored. For more information, see Help in the Licensing snap-in."

If I attempt to open the Licensing Snap-in I receive the following:

"To add more licenses, use the Add License Wizard in Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server" - which doesn't appear to exist in WHS.

If this is taken at face value - I won't be able to have more than 5 connections to the WHS - how can I resolve this - without re-installing WHS? I've read the KB888818 article - but none of the suggested Methods are suitable.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:32 PM

All replies

• I would suggest the reinstallation/recovery option. It's laid out (sketchily) here, and will preserve the data in your shares, and your home computer backups.

Also, did you do anything shortly before the first time you saw that message? Add a disk? change a disk? Have you tried running chkdsk on all the drives in your server (though possibly just on the system partition would be sufficient)?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Thanks for your response Ken. Was hoping to avoid the reinstallation - but I'll give it a go and see what happens. No change to the hardware/software - It's a fresh WHS installation - the only thing I hadn't done was to activate windows - which I did today after recieving notification that the activation grace-period had expired and subsequently noticed the error in the Event Log.
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:22 PM
  • I would run chkdsk on C: first, following the instructions in that FAQ I linked.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:22 PM