Red Status-Onecare has encountered a problem and may not be protecting your PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I had a question about OneCare. A few months ago, I bought the CD for OneCare with a new laptop. Recently, I tried adding Onecare to my old laptop. It had worked, but just the other day, it had a red status. The Help Center suggested I uninstall and reinstall the program. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the same windows ID as before. At first, it says your ID is  suscribed to the program. then when I pushed "next" it said It is not suscribed, and that I need to purchase. Then a pop-up came and said you are suscribed and Onecare is enabled.
    So then I went to Protection Plus, and clicked on "check for updates" where it says OneCare has been stopped because my suscription has expired. How? The CD is new. Anyways, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it as Help Center instructs and I get the same problem.
    However, when I went to my hub laptop, it says that the old laptop is at good status, and OneCare is enabled...However on the old laptop, it says it's at risk status. Also, when I do the "Scan for viruses and spyware," it says no viruses have been detected. 
     I would like to know if this program is enabled, if not how do I enable it, how do I get the status back to good? How can I check for updates? And if there is anything else I need to do.

In case necessary, I am using Windows XP Dark Edition 2007.
    Any advice?
    Thanks alot.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

• Check that your computer date and time are set correctly as incorrect date and time can cause this issue.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:17 PM

All replies

• Check that your computer date and time are set correctly as incorrect date and time can cause this issue.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:17 PM
  • If Jim's advice does not resolve it, please contact support once again as your case is not closed since the uninstall/reinstall was to address the original issue.
    I'm pretty certain that the date and time are the issue and the cause of the original problem.
    Be sure to check the month/day/year and time and reboot the PC after you have corrected it.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Thanks alot for the advice.
    It did indeed help. Turns out, my time zone was incorrect, and so was the year. The Year was set to Thai 2552 for some reason.
    Thanks alot
    Monday, August 17, 2009 9:16 PM
  • Glad to hear One Care is working properly.Thanks for reporting your problem was resolved.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 9:23 PM