none
WHS 2011 The certificate for Remote Web Access has expired RRS feed

• Question

• Just got an alert that "The certificate for Remote Web Access has expired". Before today I got a warning that the certificate was about to expire. Anyone else in the same situation?

Luc.

Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please contact the certificate provider and confirm the renew process about the certificate if you had purchased the certificate from 3rd party CA provider.

Steps similar as below link mentioned:
    https://windowsserveressentials.com/2012/06/20/renew-your-ssl-certificate-sbs-2011-essentials/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If it is automatically issued certificate when you enable the RWA, disable and re-enable the RWA via configuration wizard may help you to obtain a new certificate. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Eve,

Since I installed my WHS2011 back in June 2011 I have never purchased any certificate from any vendor. It relates to the xxx.homeserver.com that I did set up back in June 2011 and since then never touched.

Luc.

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

Open Run, type MMC and end with Enter. Add Certificate snap-in and try to find the certificate which will be expired.

xxx.homeserver.com is the domain name for RWA(remote web access)/VPN, if you had enabled it, you may manually disable and re-enable it to manually update the certificate. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang     

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Hi Eve,

I have released my original domain name and have created a new one at homeserver.com. Now the certificate is OK.

Thanks for the help,

Luc.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

It’s my pleasure, if any of above reply is helpful, please remember to click “mark as answer”.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:55 AM