none
Forum Profile gone but there ??? (Confused) RRS feed

• Question

• Hmmm,

I haven't been here for a while. Somehow, my forum profile is no longer associated with my Windows Live ID. The profile is still there but it no longer belongs to my email address?

This is really confusing! How do I get this fixed?

• Moved by Brent Serbus Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:07 PM profile issue (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:40 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all the details. I've swapped the Live ID associated with Earl Tut III to Earl Tut.

• Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Monday, December 5, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Earl Tut II Monday, December 5, 2011 8:41 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Did you ever use a different Live ID? There is still a Live ID connected to Earl Tut.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Hmmm,

I tried now every LiveID that I could remember, none of them is associated with that account anymore, and the one that should be (this email), isn't connected to it either.

Could an admin at least send me that email address?

Friday, December 2, 2011 3:42 AM
  • We don't store the email address, just the internal Live ID number. 

That said, if you want I can swap the Live ID associated with Earl Tut II to it's connected to Earl Tut?

Friday, December 2, 2011 4:13 AM
  • Sounds great but give me a day or two. I would like to investigate this a little bit further. I guess I got screwed up when I got my first WP7 device. Back then, I wasn't aware of the fact that it would use my first entered email address as a Windows Live ID. Afterwards, I ended up having multiple Windows Live IDs and began to delete one after another. I assume I might have deleted the wrong one and therefore, this stored Live ID number is no longer associated.

Maybe it would make sense to simply collect everything under one and the same Live ID but therefore, I first have to create a profile on this forums for my main Live ID.

I'll let you know in a while to which one to to connect EARL TUT. Thanks for your help. :)

Friday, December 2, 2011 4:36 AM
  • Well,
    I checked everything and it seems like I had my old profile associated with this email address, however, could you swap my old profile "Earl Tut" not to this one but to "Earl Tut III"? (I would like to get my old alias back though "Earl Tut" without the "III".) This way, I would have everything under the same Windows Live ID, starting from Hotmail, over XBOX and WP7, MS BETA subscriptions and this forums.

If you need to verify me for security reasons, feel free to contact me via email.

Friday, December 2, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Thanks for all the details. I've swapped the Live ID associated with Earl Tut III to Earl Tut.

• Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Monday, December 5, 2011 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Earl Tut II Monday, December 5, 2011 8:41 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Yep,
    works perfectly! Thanks a lot! I owe you. ;)

I wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for my post history.

Listing SPEC's is not a review !!! :-)
    • Edited by Earl Tut Monday, December 5, 2011 8:05 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 8:05 PM