How to get a full fresh sync? RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say I've deployed my app. It's being used and months down the road I install a new client.

How do I force the sync to do a complete refresh from the server? So far when I've tried it, nothing is detected as changed so nothing new downloads or syncs and I'm basically left with the database in the same state as it was when I built the installer package.

Thanks

BTW: Why doesn't this forum's search feature work?!? It always returns no results.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:42 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, November 6, 2009 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume that you use the Sync Framework offline providers (DbServerSyncProvider and SqlCeClientSyncProvider). In the case, the Client side is a SQLCe database. In order to complete refresh the client database from server, you can drop the existing Sql CE database and re-create a new one. The init sync will bring everything from server to client.

Even that you are using other sync providers, the same solution can be used for complete refreshing client database too.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:30 PM